Friday, March 16, 2012

RPI Work Session to be Held Saturday, March 17

Tomorrow is the March 17 work session starting at Llano and proceeding through Kingsland to the other end of our leased line at Scobey Spur, and return.  We probably will go all the way to Scobey Spur in the morning and turn around, then stop at Spyke's BBQ in Kingsland for lunch.  I've got both my Woodings CBI motorcar and the rail-mower saddled up on my 16-foot trailer.  I tested the CBI yesterday and found and fixed a fuel line problem.  Then I tested the rail-mower today and it seems to be working fine.  Fueled them up so we don't have any lack of fuel issues during the trip.

Yesterday I created an extension for the shield on the rail-mower discharge chute, so clippings, etc. can be blown away from the mower blades but yet any rocks that get chucked out would likely hit the rubber shield.  Here's a photo of the new addition to the rail-mower:


The extension uses stop nuts on both ends.  The idea is that if it hits anything, it will pivot and push the shield out of the way of whatever was hit.  I used 1/8" thick aluminum for the bracket and extension, so they should be strong enough to handle the bouncing around on the rails.

And here's a photo of the rail-mower as it currently looks (before I put the mats on later this evening, which will hold tools and equipment tomorrow).


Weather outlook looks good for tomorrow, chance of showers after noon about 10 percent, so don't think rain will be an issue, unlike the last work session.

No comments:

Post a Comment