Sunday, February 20, 2011

Frank to Come Back with Carburetor and Frame Members

Frank Glatzl has the rebuilt Walbro carburetor ready to put back on the Wisconsin S-12D garden tractor engine.  He also has bored holes in the aluminum cross frame members, on which the engine will sit.  He plans to come over on Saturday, February 26.  We'll put the carb on and see if we can get the engine started.  I have checked my wiring against a schematic provided by someone on the Wisconsin engine group on the internet.  It looks OK but Frank will take another look.  I ordered points and a condenser and hope they get here in time.  Will have to drain the gas tank and put fresh gas in.

I had a sudden worry the other day and it proved entirely correct.  I jacked up the rear of the Bolens 1250 tractor after connecting the mower deck and it appears that the deck wants to continue hugging Mother Earth rather than hang from the attachment points.  So that means I will have to find a different way to ensure that the deck hangs above the railhead rather than drag on the railhead (the deck is 59 inches wide).  So will discuss that issue with Frank as well.

We will also have to determine whether the 1250's mower deck is usable--it has a lot of rust.  If so, then we will have to start taking it apart to renovate it.  I am renovating a twin to it for use with my Bolens 1455 garden tractor but don't want to punch holes in it to hang it from the trailer if that is what it takes.  So we will see how much work still awaits us this coming Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment