Saturday, June 25, 2011

Working on Conveyor Belting

This morning I decided to clean the dirt and debris packed onto the conveyor belting I obtained for free from a local cement factory, taking advantage of a cloudy morning.  The connection to RPI being that we can cut it up for railsweeps and mats for the floors of our motorcars.  So I attacked it with a putty knife scraper and a broom but it took a long time.  Toward the end I tried a scrub brush and that worked better.  So now the belting looks like this:

I have a total of 92 feet of belting.  Some of it has tears in it, so will have to cut around those parts when making mats or railsweeps.  But quite a bit is in usable shape so hopefully we will be able to make some money for RPI (I plan to have purchasers make their payments direct to RPI).  Next step forward is to roll the belting up so I can use it as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment