Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cleanup

Took the mower gearbox off the Bolens 1455 mower deck the other day and now have it on my workbench.  Am still trying to figure out how to open it up.  My small engine guy said to start at the bottom, but the bottom is the rotating pulley, held on by a large bolt.  So somehow I have to keep that pulley from moving so I can remove the bolt.  Once I get into it, will replace whatever gaskets and seals I encounter.

Also put a hold-down on the 1455 battery so there will be no more sparks flying from contact with the hood.

Bought a tap for 1/2" diameter, NC-20 threads so I could clean out the threads on the 1455 hubs.  The wheel weight bolts did not want to go back in the other night because the threads were clogged.  I cleaned them out and they should be good to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment