Monday, March 21, 2011

Motorcar Reassembled

I assembled the spray-painted parts Sunday afternoon and now have a motorcar trailer in might good shape.  I finger-snugged the bolts, deciding to tighten it up next weekend.  Still have to buy the right size of bolts for some areas.  Only part left to put on are the trailer tongues, which are waiting on some u-bolts from Frank Glatzl.  As I was assembling the motorcar I held my breath because we had totally new longitudinal frame members.  But, bolt after bolt slipped perfectly into alignment.  Ultimately, they all went in and there were no misaligned holes or loose play anywhere, a real tribute to Frank's machine drilling.  Here's some photos (that's not a dead dog in the photo of the trailer with the tractor, it's my sleeping pit bull, TJ):






I have suffered a setback on acquiring parts for my mower deck renovation.  I bought just the parts I needed two weeks ago.  Checked the postal service tracking utility today only to discover one of the two packages was delivered Mar. 19 to someone in Highlands, NC.  That didn't look good.  The utility said the other package was "accepted" by the USPS on Mar. 11 in Saginaw, MI, but there had been no further developments.  So I e-mailed the ebay seller to find out what's going on and hopefully, resolve both situations.  Sure hope I get those parts, they were mighty good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment