Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Motorcar Trailer Parts Spray Painted

Finished spray painting the motorcar trailer aluminum frame members this afternoon.  Am letting them dry overnight and then will bring them inside the garage until Sunday, when I plan to reassemble the trailer and add the four heavy-duty cross members.  Those will support the Bolens 1250 garden tractor engine and mower deck that we will mount on the trailer to serve as a rail-mower.  Am also contemplating how to add equipment trays on either side of the engine, along with lift handles to position to rail-mower when setting on or setting off. 

More engine parts arrived today.  By now I have almost everything I ordered except for a load of miscellaneous parts with, I hope, a breather tube, and some mower deck parts.  I got two mower deck lift rods on e-bay for 9.99 that would have cost me 80.00 in total from either of two principal Bolens after-market suppliers.  So I got a very good deal on those.  Just need to get three more items:  the right size air filter, belts for the PTO takeoff and a choke cable.  The belts and cable are available at Tractor Supply Co., but will have to find the air filter, maybe online.  Received the mower deck bearings (the right size) today, so will give those to my local repair guy who will help me restore the Bolens 1455 mower deck.  That will be the first one we do.  Since it is the same deck as the one for the 1250, we will get it done and use it on the rail-mower if necessary until the 1250 deck is fully restored as well.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment