Monday, July 11, 2011

Bought Another Bolens 18048 Mower Deck

I've been worrying about the 18048 deck that came with the 1250 garden tractor, since it was in terrible shape, really badly corroded, and had doubts whether it could be renovated.  And even if it was renovated, it might break down.  So I looked around for a deck, but the nearest possibility is in St. Louis, MO, which would cost about dols 900 just in mileage costs to do a round-trip, not to mention food and lodging on the way.  I found a 18048 in really nice shape near Portland, OR, and bargained the price down to dols 250.00.  Took a while longer to find a shipper willing to bid on it, but finally arranged shipping today for dols 373.00.  The shipper had to crate it and deliver it to their terminal in Portland, while I will pick it up in San Antonio.  Here's what it looks like:

I will use this one with my Bolens 1455 garden tractor, leaving the one that we have just rebuilt to be used on the rail-mower.  This shipment probably will be delivered to the Portland terminal today and should be available for pickup by Friday, if all goes according to plan.  More likely it won't get in until next Monday or Tuesday, but I can deal with that.  I might go to a tax convention in St. Louis next month but now I don't have to drag a trailer to pick up a deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment