Friday, July 15, 2011

Motorcar Trailer Floor Installed

This morning I slid the 4 foot x 83" motorcar trailer floor into place and marked where the six holes to hold it would have to be drilled.  Took it out and drilled the holes and slid the floor back into position.  Five boltholes turned out fine and one had to be enlarged slightly to allow the bolt to fit.  But I finally got the floor installed.  Then I installed the trailer towbars and bolted them on, and the trailer tongues and bolted them on.  With that the trailer was ready to go.


The front and rear sides are closed off by various bars so nothing larger than 1/4" can fall off.  After finishing it up, I brought over two pieces of conveyor belting to protect the floor while we use the trailer for tomorrow's work session.  Here's what it looks like:


Finally, I winched the trailer up and into my 12-foot trailer:





Talk about low wind resistance!!  Won't be losing mpg due to the trailer on tomorrow's trip.  So now RPI has a useful piece of equipment, pending installation of the Bolens 1250 garden tractor on top of this trailer.  When I am ready to install it, I will take the floor off and cut the middle portion out.  Then I will install the two side pieces, leaving a gap into which we will lower the 1250.  That way we will have places on both sides of the tractor to store tools and supplies while pulling the rail-mower.

No comments:

Post a Comment