Monday, September 26, 2011

Rail-Mower Photos

Took some photos of the rail-mower as mounted on the motorcar trailer with the Bolens 1250 hood on it.  The hood's hinge actually rusted off so if we want to keep it on, we will have to find a way to re-attach a new hinge to its front.  Plus will have to re-attach the muffler but otherwise this is how it may eventually end up looking:



I also took a photo of the detached rear transaxle and (blown) tires at rest:


This morning I decided to finish up some rail-mower-related activities.  So first I took out a spare mower gearbox, mower deck hangers and studs, and the motorcar trailer towbar that Frank Glatzl straightened out for me and I spray-painted them.

Then I bolted down the rear of the Bolens 1250 tractor body to the motorcar trailer and also the angle iron pieces in the front that are going to bolt through the front bumper, anchoring it to the front of the trailer.  I needed to drill two holes through the bumper, but found my 5/16" drill bits were not equal to the task.  A 7/32" bit had better luck until it snapped off.  So I had to postpone finishing that task until I can go off to Tractor Supply for new bits this afternoon.

Then I removed the rear cross-member from under the deck to see how it would fit on the next set of bolts toward the rear end.  It needed some trimming on one edge with the angle grinder on each side, so I did that.  Also needs a bushing, about .52" diameter, since we are changing from a half-inch hole to a 3/8" hole.  I am going to see if I can find one at A-Line Auto Parts when I go out this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment