Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rail-Mower Preparation

Today I decided to get the motorcar trailer ready to receive the Bolens 1250 tractor body we are going to mount on it to serve as a rail-mower.  I spent an hour or so penciling in the outline of where on the trailer floor I will need to cut to create access for the tractor body and then another hour and a half drilling and cutting.  I ended up with the following:


I still have to enlarge the bottom portion of the cutout to accommodate the mower deck hangers, but otherwise it looks pretty good.  I wanted to preserve as much as possible of the floor since we will be placing equipment and tools on it while operating the rail-mower.

Frank Glatzl will be coming over early Saturday morning, the 17th, around 8:00 am, so we can get as much done as possible before it gets really hot.  But the forecast is for mid-90s, which is much better than the 100 degree plus temps we have suffered through all summer.  I worked on this project up until noon or so, by which time it was hot enough to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment