Friday, December 30, 2011

Bit of Progress

Today I mounted a deflector safety skirt on the discharge chute of the rail-mower, to ensure that anything thrown out the chute hits the skirt and falls outside the rail.

Also rented a cutoff saw and shortened the C-channel ramps I built for the rail-mower and motorcars from 8 feet to 6 feet 10 inches.  The 8-foot version was pretty heavy to lift and I could see it bending as the motorcar went up it.  I figured a shorter one would be stiffer and the angle would not be too sharp for the rail-mower to get over it.

Unfortunately, heard from M&D Mower that they have ordered the piston rings for the rail-mower's Wisconsin engine from the factory.  Since the factory is no longer making them, that probably means I will hear shortly from them that they are unavailable.  Fortunately, I have found an alternative supplier so will order the rings from them if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment