Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rail-Mower Transferred to Frank Glatzl's Home

Brought the rail-mower over to Frank's place today so he can do some finishing up work.  We were going to do some work together this morning but didn't have time.  I couldn't load the rail-mower up on my 12-foot trailer yesterday due to the rain.  It was still raining this morning but my wife suggested I load the Woodings CBI onto the 16-foot trailer, park it out of the way, and then load up the rail-mower on the 12-foot.  I had not wanted to bring the Explorer and trailer around to the other end of my 40-foot track because I knew I'd end up with a muddy mess everywhere.  She had a good idea but it took an hour and 45 minutes to accomplish it, so I was left with only enough time upon arrival at Frank's to off-load the rail-mower and store it in his garage.  We then headed out to lunch with other RPI members and the RPI Annual Meeting in Temple.  Here's a photo of the meeting, with RPI President Leland Stewart standing in the background:


But I digress.

The remaining work Frank will take on is adjusting, mounting and testing the Wisconsin L123S1 carburetor (a Walbro WHG carb), including using a die to extend the threads on the engine governor rod; mounting the finished link to raise and lower the mower deck; mounting the handle for the link; installing stabilizers on each side of the front axle so it won't swing freely; and mounting a breather tube from the carb to the engine body.

After that work is done Frank will test the rail-mower and then bring it to our Dec. 10 work session at Kingsland, TX, where we will see whether it will cut some grass.  I will bring my CBI on the 16-foot trailer to pull it with and then load up both at the end of the day and bring them back.  That's the plan for now.  I will see if I can do some sandblasting of the hood for the Bolens 1250 tractor body on the rail-mower, and prime and paint it and otherwise get it ready for installation on the rail-mower.  A lot of hard work since we acquired a trailer for the rail-mower last Dec. 18 is coming to a conclusion with this field trial on the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment