Saturday, November 12, 2011

Progress on Various Fronts

Last Wednesday I drilled some holes in the battery tray for the Bolens 1250 rail-mower engine and installed a GT-PREM battery with tiedown.  One more item off my to-do list.  Today I fixed 4 different lighting wires that had been pulled off by birds building a nest on the battery of my Woodings CBI motorcar.  I also installed a new headlight to replace one the &%$ birds ruined.  Am going to roll up a rag to place on top of the battery so they won't try that again.  I was real proud that I was able to diagnose and fix the electrical problems myself, using a digital voltmeter.  I plan to use the CBI to push or pull the rail-mower during its trial run on the Capital Metro track at Kingsland on Saturday, Dec. 10, so fixing the rear lighting was not optional.


A postal notice arrived indicating I have a parcel, so will pick it up on Monday.  Probably is the new set of teeth for my BCS two-wheel tractor.  Once it is installed, will try the BCS out on my overgrown acre of weeds in the front yard.  Then it will be ready to be used on tall weeds along the Capital Metro ROW, such as at Campa Pajama Lane in Kingsland and along the old stockyard up near the Llano depot.

Meanwhile, my spare parts for the Bolens 1455 mower deck gearbox are enroute.  They were "accepted for delivery" in Crown Point, IN, from Sam's Bolens today so they should be here by Tuesday.  Once they arrive, I will ask my small-engine guy to help me get into the rail-mower gearbox to change out an oil seal, a gasket and several shim gaskets.  Then we can rest a little more easy that it won't start leaking right away once we power the rail-mower mower deck up for the first time.  That could happen this coming Saturday, Nov. 19, if Frank Glatzl and I are able to get the deck mounted and the engine running.

No comments:

Post a Comment