Monday, November 21, 2011

Started Drilling Holes for Mower Deck Shields

It was threatening to rain this morning so I pulled out my air drill and ran 100 feet of line from the compressor in the garage over to the carport.  Then I began drilling 5/16" holes in the rail-mower frame on which to mount the mower deck shields, made out of used conveyor belting that is 3/8" thick.  Got about seven done before it began really raining, out of about 27 I ultimately will have to drill.  May do some more this afternoon since it seems the rain has stopped.

I also ordered a Walbro WHG-31 carburetor from lawnmowerpros.com.  They had a reasonable price and a very good return policy so, if it turns out not to fit, I will be able to send it back.  I was amazed while shopping for this carburetor to find a number of sites trying to sell it for a thousand dollars or more.  Nice work if you can get it, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment