Thursday, November 24, 2011

Safety Skirts Installed but Carb Problem Surfaces

Got the safety skirts installed yesterday and here's three views:





But now another problem has come up.  I ordered a carburetor from a second company Monday after the first one told me it didn't have any WHG-31-1 carburetors after all.  Called up the second company Wednesday to be sure they were shipping it and they said it would take three weeks.  Cancelled that order and began looking for a company that has one in stock but haven't found one yet.  Have looked on the internet for both the WHG-31-1 and the L106AS1 (the Wisconsin part no. for the original Walbro LMH-18 carb) and I have a few leads.  Time is growing short, however, since the Dec. 10 work session is rapidly approaching.  Wed. afternoon I took the carb off and took it to my small engine guy.  He identified three problems with it.  He suggested I go to his former employer, a lawn tractor repair shop whose owner has several hundred lawn tractors scattered around his premises.  I caught up with the owner there and left the carb with him to see if he could do anything with it or find a substitute that might work.  Pretty slim odds since it is an old carb but I'm trying a lot of alternatives at this point.  Will try to contact some companies tomorrow, hoping they aren't closed throughout the entire Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment